Posted 1 day ago

Andrews Salts? Whats happened to them?

Hi all. Does anyone know why there seems to be a shortage of this. I believe GSK has stopped manufacture of it. Is it just supplier shortage or is there an alternative. This stuff is a life saver when you have stomach ache.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Yeah but have you seen how much it is? We used to buy it from B&M or Home Bargains for less than a fiver. Also most places say they have it in stock but when you check out its then out of stock. I have been looking in nearly every local supermarket. Super drug and other shops that normally have it and they are all out of stock? (edited)
    I had a glass and a half
    That's Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate lol.
    The main active ingredient is Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate - which is more commonly known as Sodium Bicarbonate, there is also Magnesium Sulphate and Citric acid - the rest is sucrose to help mask the saltyness. It's very easy to make your own and you can alter the proportions to suit. There are also many alternatives available.
    I did read that the shortages where due to Brexit, it seems everything gets blamed on that...
    This sounds exactly like a product called Eno from when I was a kid.

Perhaps search for that.
    Eno was basically refined sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate and citric acid. Typical remedy for gas related stomach aches.
    Eno was their competitor wasn’t it ?
    I'm Andrew. Used to offer the Mrs Andrews. Orally, injected, as a balm she could rub on herself and even as a suppository
's avatar