Citroen c1 clutch bite point

Posted 18th Jul 2017
Anybody else own one of these just got one As a first car for a family member and noticed after driving 2 that it has such a high bite point,and revs it’s tits of from launch is it Normal for one of these 60 plate 36k miles cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I know the earlier ones have a manual clutch adjustment under the bonnet.

youtube.com/wat…cjY
    Citroens usually have high bite point (from my personal experience)
    I had the older style C1 55 plate and the biting point was hardly non existent. You had to rev its b******s off to get it going, otherwise it'd stall. It used to wind me up how rough it sounded.
    (edited)
    My daughter has a Peugeot 107 which is basically the same and her clutch has always been high and the clutch is about a year old as we have receipts but the previous owner said it was always like that so maybe yeah...
    I had a 2010 Citroen C1 it did have a very high bite point, whenever my dad took it for a drive i noticed he revved it loads. I think it just takes time to get used to it.
    Our C1 (58 plate) developed a highish biting point over the 5 years we owned it. I adjusted it using the method shown in several videos on Youtube and brought it right back down.
    garage54 on youtube, fitted a door opener to their clutch, so that when you released the pedal, the door opener slowly let the clutch out, genius.
    My daughter has a 2010 C1 and the clutch was replaced about a year or so ago (there's an uprated 190mm clutch from the original 180mm that had problems, maybe yours still has this). Clutch bite is way down almost to a point where just barely lifting your foot will engage it.

EDIT - just noted the thread is over 4 years old! (edited)
    Clutch bite points can be adjusted, but I find I just adapt and get used to it.
    Author
    lol cars still running too all be it with a new clutch like a little dodgem
's avatar