Community Updates
deleted66802
Speeding Fines in the UK - FAQs

Can I check If I have been caught speeding?

Currently there is no way to check a speeding fine immediately after you think you have been caught by a camera or mobile device. Be aware of scam/joke sites offering this service.

How long does it take to receive a speeding fine?

If you have been caught by a speeding camera or other mobile device then a notice of prosecution (NIP) must be delivered to the address of the registered keeper of the car within 14 days of the offence. If you are pulled over by the police for speeding then the NIP will be delivered to you there and then.

How much does a speeding ticket cost?

The MINIMUM penalty for speeding is a £100 fine and 3 penalty points added to your licence. The MAXIMUM fine, if caught speeding on a motorway, is £2500. If it is your first offence, you could be offered the opportunity to attend a speed awareness course which will stop any points being added to your licence. You also could be banned from driving if you build up 12 or more speeding points on your licence within 3 years.

Is there a way to check the endorsements on my driving licence?

You can check the endorsements on your driving licence by clicking on the government website here.
To access this service you will need:

How long do speeding points stay on my licence for?

Speeding points will stay on your licence for 4 years from the date of the offence. However they will be ‘valid’ for only 3 years. This means insurance companies should not take these points into account once your conviction is considered ‘spent’.

Deals for drivers

Groupon are offering a 12 month Auto-Aid personal breakdown cover for policy holder and spouse for just £39. It includes UK wide Roadside Assistance, Home Breakdown and Emergency Travel and Overnight Accommodation.

Groupon also have a basic and premium breakdown cover offer from Emergency Assist

• £17.50 for a one-year basic UK breakdown cover (up to 69% off)
  • £24 for a one-year premium UK breakdown cover (up to 74% off)
Basic cover includes: roadside assistance | local recovery
Premium cover includes: roadside assistance | local recovery | national recovery | HomeStart | onward travel | car hire | overnight accommodation

Get a Kent Car Care Gift Wash Bucket Set which includes free delivery for only £10.39.
(Thanks @JohnChappell )

Grab a 3 port with USB charger for your car here.
(thanks @Crossbow )
Discussions

55 Comments