Posted 5 days ago

£200 Laptop budget, what would you buy?

I've got a Lenovo Thinkpad X280, which I like cost me about £100 a year ago but now have bought a new laptop as the speakers bit lackluster for me, I will be using linux so battery life be better and likely replace the battery.

wondered what devices people on here reccomended, I overall only use a web-browser and don't need much storage, I personally have bought a 8 year old dell xps 15, as bit bigger screen and speaker for movie watching expierence plus the nice thin bezel display.

Surface book laptop 3 might also be a good shout, what do people here think?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Go for tablet instead.
    I personally only turn on the PC when I need to do some proper word processing or excel.
    Web browsing and short videos with tablet.
    Movie would is watch on TV by casting tablet/ mobile phone.

I currently has honor pad 8, bought it due to good speakers
    Author
    Naa, not for me, I find it better form factor sitting on bed with laptop clamsell notannoying stands

I use my laptop 80% time typing or need a full version of browser to do things or do research quickly enough, tablets suck at that.
    I got an Acer chromebook about 3 years ago for about £200.
    It's been fantastic for what I need to be honest.
    You can, nowadays, use apps on it but I mainly stick with the web based model.
    In have an SSD drive to store photographs from my camera rather than the drive on the chromebook.
    Author
    I was going to type about that I wouldn;t want one as I personally don't like using Google chrome or google OS' or software (as much as I can) as I use google photo's, however reminded me that can install linux on chromebook and might look again.

might actually buy the original pixelbook, that thing still holds up today
    For good sound etc find a Used HP envy 360 on eBay look for the touchscreen version. Else surface pro should be ideal. Changing the battery on either is going to mildly challenging but not impossible
's avatar